When trying to setup the Okta SCIM provisioning to Panther, I tried to test the connector in Okta and saw an error like the following:
Error authenticating: Bad Gateway. Errors reported by remote server:
The connector configuration could not be tested. Make sure that the URL, Authentication Parameters are correct and that there is an implementation available at the URL provided.
To resolve this issue:
- Double check that the details listed in this documentation are all entered correctly and without typos.
- Also, check the configuration of the Okta App used to connect to Panther via SSO, and make sure the attribute statements are all included as documented here. These will include attributes such as:
- Name: PantherEmail, Value: user.email
- Name: PantherFirstName, Value: user.firstName
- Name: PantherLastName, Value: user.lastName
This issue occurs when any of the configuration pieces required by the SSO system are missing or mis-typed.