Why haven't I received any Salesforce Logs in the past 24 hours?
If the previous day was a holiday, weekend, or other non-working day, this might be why you have not received Salesforce logs into Panther in the last 24 hours. Some Salesforce integrations ship logs on a daily basis (nightly at midnight) and it can take up to 12 hours for those logs to become available to Panther. In such cases, it may not be until the afternoon of the day after a holiday before you start seeing events in Panther.
To check if your Salesforce integration uses Daily logs, follow these steps:
- Navigate to your Salesforce Log Source (in the navbar, click Configure > Log Sources, then scroll down until you find your Salesforce integration.
- Click the Log Source to open the overview page. In the upper right should be a gear icon. Click it, then select "Edit" from the dropdown menu.
- In the "Edit Log Source page", find the File Interval dropbox and see what's selected. You can view the screenshot below.
My Log Source says it's configured for Hourly file intervals
If the Salesforce Log Source is set to 'Hourly' intervals and hasn't received any events in the past several hours, please reach out to your Salesforce representative, as hourly pulling is an added cost. If you have already done this and you are still not receiving logs, please reach out to our support team. We'd be happy to help!
In your ticket to support, make sure to include the following:
- Is your Log Source using Hourly or Daily file intervals?
- When was the last time your source received data? (Look under "Total Events Processed".)
- When should Salesforce have started generating events again? (For example, if users started using Salesforce at 8 AM on Monday morning, that's when you'd expect events to start occurring.)