When trying to change the status and assignee of alerts in Slack Bot, the following error message occurs:
Sorry <username>, unable to update the alert status. Please verify your Panther account has a Role with the following Permission(s): Manage Alerts
To resolve this issue:
- Check the role of this user in the Panther Console.
- Identify if the role has the permission
Manage Alerts. As mentioned in our documentation, Panther users should have the permissions
Manage Alertsto assign alerts and change alert statuses.
- If the role doesn't have the permission
Manage Alerts, a user with the permission to modify other users (
Manage Users) can update the role and add that permission.
- Once the role is updated, the affected user should try logging off and on and refreshing Slack to ensure that the change will be reflected.
- If the role already has the permission
Manage Alerts, please contact Panther Support for further investigation.
This issue can occur when a user doesn't have adequate permissions to change the status and assignee of an alert in Slack Bot.